Subscribe and Get Notified When I Update

Get Notified When We Update !!!

Monday, June 16, 2014

The Pitchfork

 You remember the shit shovel I got for last Mother's Day, don't you? (if not, click here).

Well, Farmer really outdid himself now... this was my Mother's Day/Anniversary present this year...


Thoughtful Farmer broke the handle of my old one (let's just say there was a 7 month old calf charging my sweet man and in self defense, he knocked the calf out cold... he recovered, but my handle did not) and, as a friend pointed out, "He must really love you if he bought you a new pitchfork and not just a new handle." Heartwarming, eh?

Cleaning out this lower barn is proving to be quite the sweaty, dusty workout and I pray we don't come down with "farmer's lung" the 3x a day I am in it (the kids come with me usually 2x). The pitchfork really has been invaluable though.


 So while it wasn't a pedicure and flowers as I'd been hoping (can I get a "word" for farmwife feet?), I'm pretty pleased. And I'll be spending some of my egg money on the above mentioned this Thursday. Even farmwives want pretty feet. And a break.

Most can't picture me in a zebra printed chair, reading a celebrity magazine, and being pampered, but, oh, it's a too infrequent joy of mine. But I pick Allis Chalmers orange toe polish because that whole "you can take a girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl" line. It's true.


1 comment:

  1. Brother Jimmy here. Congratulations on your promotion from poopsmith to hay jockey! You are the best writer I know. Sarah and I love your blog. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete